Hi Global People:
I am Michelle Carton, the K-6 librarian at Tudor Elementary School in Anchorage, Alaska. As a global educator, I get a chance to connect students to projects and students all over the world. We are starting this year by ramping up International Dot Day which is September 15th (ISH).
We are looking for teachers, classrooms, authors, artists, scientists, activists, etc. from all over the world to connect with us by doing ANY or ALL of the following:
- Read or Watch (youtube) The Dot by Peter Reynolds.
- Print and use any of the templates below.
- Have students discuss and share (orally and/or in art) about how they will make their mark on the world.
- Create a "dot" with whatever medium you choose for yourself and/or for students.
- This year we are taking the project to Flipgrid, so lots of global classrooms and students can share their dot and how they will make their mark on the world! See Flipgrid here, password is Thundercats.
- Take group or individual pictures, make a video, or design any format that captures the moments and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org to share on our website, so we can showcase it to the world.
- We have opportunities available to video meet with connected classrooms, to share how we will collectively make our mark on the world. See the power in our affirmations as we develop relationships and break down classroom walls. Sign up here.