Hi Global People:
I am Michelle Carton, the K-6 librarian at Tudor Elementary School in Anchorage, Alaska. As a global educator, I get a chance to connect students to projects and students all over the world. We are starting this year by ramping up International Dot Day which is September 15th (ISH).
We are looking for teachers, classrooms, authors, artists, scientists, activists, etc. from all over the world to connect with us by doing ANY or ALL of the following:
- Read or Watch (youtube) The Dot by Peter Reynolds.
- Have students discuss and share (orally and/or in art) about how they will make their mark on the world.
- Create a "dot" with whatever medium you choose for yourself and/or for students.
- This year we are taking the project to Flipgrid, so lots of global classrooms and students can share their dot and how they will make their mark on the world! See Flipgrid here, password is Thundercats.
- Take group or individual pictures, make a video, or design any format that captures the moments and email them to email@example.com to share on our website, so we can showcase it to the world.
- I have 5 slots available to connect with Alaskan students to have both classes of students share how they will make their mark and showcase their creation. If interested, email me your location and grade, and what your students would like to share.